Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles:||Place Name Summary (PNS) 2/04|
|Abstract:||Pilta-wodli (or Piltawodlingga; in KWP New Spelling 2010, Pirltawardli and Pirltawardlingga) was the Kaurna name of the area of the earliest ‘Native Location’ & School established in 1837, where the German linguist missionaries Teichelmann, Schürmann & Klose did most of their work recording the Kaurna language & using it to teach Kaurna children, 1838-45. The place (probably a campsite) was chosen by the Kaurna themselves: on the Torrens River, in the present North Adelaide Golf Links just north of the Torrens Lake weir. It is now marked by a memorial plaque at the carpark by the weir.|
|Keywords:||Native Location school|
South Australia geography
Kaurna Warra Pintyandi
|Appears in Collections:||Southern Kaurna Place Names Essays|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.