Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Scopus||Web of Science®||Altmetric|
|Title:||The Waite: a social and scientific history of the Waite Agricultural Research Institute|
|by Lynette D. Zeitz|
|Abstract:||The Waite Campus is one of the world’s leading agricultural research and teaching precincts. It is fitting for this updated history to be published in 2014, the 140 years anniversary of the University of Adelaide. It is 100 years since Peter Waite formally bequested his Urrbrae property to the University in 1914, and 90 years since the University established the Waite Agricultural Research Institute in 1924. Former University Registrar V. A. Edgeloe published The First Fifty Years 1924-1974 in 1984. Since then the Waite Campus has added several large new research institutes and has strengthened its reputation. Lynette Zeitz has completed this detailed but engaging history to bring the story of the Waite Campus up to date. Her approach of focusing on the people – their personalities as well as their commitment to science – creates a lively and definitive work.|
|Appears in Collections:||Barr Smith Press publications|
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.