IPAS brings together physicists, chemists and biologists to pursue a new transdisciplinary approach to science. We are developing novel photonic, sensing and measurement technologies that will change the way science is done within traditional discipline areas, stimulating the creation of new industries, and inspiring a new generation of scientists to be engaged in solving real-world problems. IPAS research targets applications in four key market areas:
- Defence and national security
- Environmental monitoring
- Preventative health
- Food and wine
The Institute for Photonics & Advanced Sensing has been founded on the success of the Centre of Excellence Photonics, a joint centre of the University of Adelaide and DSTO and the recognition of the importance that new forms of Advanced Sensing will play in the world.
Collections in this community
Sub-communities within this community
- 6 02 Physical Sciences
- 6 0205 Optical Physics
- 5 LIGO Scientific Collaboration and...
- 4 020504 Photonics, Optoelectronics...
- 4 03 Chemical Sciences
- 3 97 Expanding Knowledge
- 3 9701 Expanding Knowledge
- 3 970103 Expanding Knowledge in the...
- 2 Biosensors; Whispering Gallery Mo...
- 2 cosmic ray experiments; ultra hig...
- next >